What is the Best Way to Whiten Teeth?
Teeth whitening has never been easier than before. Whether you choose to whiten your teeth at home or personally visit your nearby clinic or salon. There are a few things you need to consider if you want to undergo teeth whitening.
American Dental Association suggests that you talk with your dentist first, especially if you have:
- Sensitive teeth
- Dental restorations
- Very dark stains or a single dark tooth
- Lots of fillings or crowns
For starters, choosing the peroxide level should be considered. You should try gel pens starting at the middle range. Hydrogen peroxide ranges from 18% up to 35%. If the gel pen does not bother your mouth but lacks the the whitening of your teeth, consider going to a higher range.
Now let us start enumerating teeth whitening products.
- Tooth pastes - it is well known to everyone how toothpaste are marketed to give you a perfect smile. It removes the surface stains of your teeth and whitens your teeth. It is a cheap and easy to access product. However, toothpastes remove surface stains only and do not contain bleach.
- Whitening Rinses - along with every mouth wash, rinses freshen breath and reduce dental plaque and gum disease. Not all rinses are the same but there are prescriptions that contain hydrogen peroxide that whitens teeth. Some experts say that rinses may not be as effective as other over-the-counter whitening products. Because a whitening rinse is only in contact with the teeth for such a short time
- Tray based teeth whiteners - Tray-based tooth whitening systems, purchased either over-the-counter or from a dentist, involve filling a mouth guard-like tray with a gel whitening solution that has a peroxide-bleaching agent. This method is very closely to how in-office teeth whitening works. Some also has LED attached to further the whitening process in a shorter amount of time.
- In-office - this method provides the quickest way to whiten teeth. With in-office teeth whitening, peroxide gel pens are applied directly to the teeth. Gel pens can be used in combination with heat, a LED light, or a laser for faster and whiter outcome. Results are seen in only one, 30- to 60-minute session.
Overall the best way to whiten your teeth is how or what you want to achieve. Toothpastes are easy to come by, it whitens the surface of your teeth. Rinses makes your mouth while whitening your teeth at the same time. Tray based whitens your teeth with the addition of it being able to be used at home. In-office may not be cheap but it gives the best outcome in the shortest amount of time.
So, what is your choice?